Friday, November 28, 2008

Sushi on the menu!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! & your holiday was filled with lots of laughter and love... and food!

Speaking of food...
I think I may have mentioned a while ago how much I really love sushi... I think the colors and the way the food is put together are really miniature works of art! Recently I made a set of Artist Trading cards featuring them... and I just had to keep going!
So last week I made a gift tin set of 8 Mini notecards and this week I went on to make a 2009 Desk Calendar with more!
Each of the 13 collages are original handmade mixed media art. i use a lot of mulberry paper with glass beads, felt, threads, and some other handmade papers. The calendar, as well as the notecards, are printed using a laser printer and printed on very high quality 80lb bright white card stock! Then they are bound using a vintage silver metal binding! It stands on it's own on a very sturdy base.


You can purchase both of these items now at www.moonflowerart.etsy.com!

Well, have a great weekend! I think I'll have more info on the local Spring Ridge Holiday bazaar we will be at by next week!
See you soon!
-Allison

No comments: