Thursday, January 29, 2009

Still Knitting!

OK guys...I can't seem to stop myself from knitting!! Must be the cold weather. I finished my linen colored icicle scarf & posted it on Moonflower Art last weekend. Here are some photo's of the finished product:







I loved how the fringe turned out. I used almost 200 Czech glass beads to add fun to the fringe. The weight of the bamboo and beaded fringe is great.
I discovered some really great books on knitting at the Frederick library. Everytime I go I seem to find more books! Here are a few that I particularly like if you're looking for some good knitting books:
Knit Scarves! by Candi Jensen
The Knitting Answer Book by Margaret Radcliffe
Knitting Beyond Scarves by Melissa Leapman's
Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Hope you find some of these books fun to look at. Here's a sneak peak at the Angel Hair scarf I'm working on now. I'm going to do a beaded fringe on this one too. I think that the beads really add a lot to the scarves. This scarf was worked in the seed stitch which really shows off the color.
Well, hope you all have a great day! Talk to you soon!
Stacie



No comments: