Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope that everyone enjoyed their holiday break. I finally had the time to go through my studio and get rid of the old and organize the new!

Here are some photos of my new creative space!
This is my main work area. With the table moved this way, I have way more table space to work on. Also, I have room for other fellow artist's to come and share my work space.

This is my more industrial table space. I have my kiln here for firing PMC as well as some other electrical appliances I use to create my work.
This used to be a closed in closet. Now I have much more space for books, yarns, and paper's.




I also love to display other artist's work to inspire me. The first photo is a piece that Allison made me for Christmas. The inspirational sayings are great motivation for me!
The second is a piece created by my friend Hillary Banachowski. Check out the article about her in The Next 72 hours weekend section of the Frederick News Post today, Thursday, January 8, 2009. Hillary's new work is called "For the Fun of It" and is on display at the Muse in Frederick until January 31st. For more info check out The Muse's website The Muse.



I am excited to work on new jewelry projects and fun new pieces for Moonflower Art in my updated studio. I always feel more creative when I can work in a postive artistic work area.
Talk to you soon!
Stacie

No comments: