Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some prelim views...

Here are some pics of preliminary steps when I make bottlecap art!
I start with clean, uncrimped bottlecaps. When they arrive they all have this rubber seal. That need to be removed!

This is what it looks like when it is removed.
Then it needs to be cleaned!
Here it is cleaned and pounded so the edges are turned inside out! A smooth finish!

Then comes the fun part! You cut out your image, seal both sides 3 or 4 times... (no air allowed!!!)
You paste your image in and then seal again!
Some of our caps are left at this stage because adding resin would change the look... too polished!

I made quite a few of these caps ready for sale soon!
There are several vintage ads...
and a few I collaged onto the ads!

Another project I have been working on...
scrabble resin pendants!

Now I just have to add the silver bails to the backs and they are ready to go!

Do you have any new projects you are working on?
-Allison

No comments: